Do You Believe In Setting Goals For Something You Want To Achieve?

Kurt Geiger Kensington Rainbow Bag £199

GOALS

Do you ever set yourself a goal or a series of goals?

I’m a big to do list maker. I have a daily one, a weekly one and also a general one which I guess is kind of like a goal list.

At the end of April I made the big step to leave employment and begin a journey of discovery by setting up my own marketing business.

It’s not the first time I’ve been in business. I had a successful ecommerce business for ten years which I lost … spectacularly. The loss started in 2012 and took years to resolve.

I might feel that I can write about it one day. It might be cathartic. Even now after almost 6 years from when the problems started it still feels very raw.

It took me that 6 years to understand that I thrive best working for myself despite having success with my time back in employment.

Goals Are Important To Me

I have to be able to visualise what I want to achieve and how that looks. I am also a tad materialistic in that I like to treat myself when I’ve had a success or reached a certain goal. The treats can vary so much depending on what I’ve accomplished. Sometimes it’s only a cake! Lol … I’m a simple girl who loves her food .. what can I say?

I might treat myself to getting my nails done or buy a new lipstick.

Sometimes it’s a longer term goal like thinking about a big piece of renovation work on the house or planning a trip.

The Next Goal I Want To Achieve …

I hope that by the end of September in my new business I will be able to reward myself with the heavenly rainbow bag above from Kurt Geiger. It sold out last time it was on their shelves earlier this year so I’m hoping it stays around long enough for me to get mine. Fingers crossed.

My Promise To  Myself & My Goal Is …

That the bag will be my reward once I am able to match my monthly take home pay from my time in employment. I’m hoping to have achieved that by the end of September. Fingers crossed again.

I recently went into Kurt Geiger and had a touch and feel of it! There was a slight problem though. I spied a smaller version and a back pack and shoes and trainers!! OMG!! What’s a girl to do?

I’m going to be strong though and stick by my original decision as I think I’ll get most use from it.

SHOP THE RAINBOW BAGS BUT SAVE ONE FOR ME!!!
I’d love to know if you set goals and how you reward yourself.

Sharon xo

This post uses affiliate links. They do not cost you anything. Please read more about them in my disclaimer here.

6 Comments

1. August 29, 2018 / 3:35 pm

Hahaha, good on you! I have a similar thing. Friday is my Birthday and my other half asked what I wanted. I said for weeks that I didn t want anything………now the list gets longer and longer.

• Sharon Sinclair.Williams
      Author
      August 29, 2018 / 3:56 pm

You sound exactly like me, Nancy! I start off by saying I don’t want/need anything birthdays and Christmas. Boy does that change as they draw closer.

Hope you have a wonderful birthday xo

2. August 30, 2018 / 6:15 am

GOALS!!! I bet it’s only a matter of time before you will be styling your new handbag, Make sure to post your photos.

3. September 1, 2018 / 7:27 pm

I am an impulse buyer and I probably would have bought it and then returned it if I thought it was too much. But I admire your resolve and having targets/goals is a good idea. I must try it…. x

4. September 1, 2018 / 10:44 pm

Oh I love a list – I have lists of lists and sometimes when I have lost a list I am actually kind of bereft. I have even had favourite lists – now I make tables, simple tables but it made me realise that if you have lots of columns of lists on a page you can have a lot of very sad fun. I am also the proud list-owner of lists on etsy, amazon (dammit they cut you off at 500 items) and SpaceNK as well as John Lewis and Waterstones. I LOVE a list… As for goals – of course, they are deeply personal, sometimes quite personal to me – to knit down through my yarn-mountain a little, to read that pile of books by my bedside before being distracted, to arrange the knickers,socks etc… Rewards are commensurate with what I have acheived – a spaceNK purchase for a big tick, a flat white for a good day at work in a favourite coffee place… Rewarding ourselves is important – as often the rewards are deeply personal and about how you judge your own self worth rather than waiting and hoping for someone elses’ approval

5. September 1, 2018 / 10:45 pm